Saturday, January 31, 2009

And finally I landed up in IITM ...........

Yesterday i got my gradesheet which declares I have successfully (?) finished 65 credits so far here . so that finishes exactly a third of my dual degree program (65/195).. so I think it's time to look back and retrospect how I landed up here in Jungles of IIT some 1000+ odd km from my home .. and believe me it's long story because I tried 'n' options even after getting my JEE result
30th May 2007 ... JEE result was declared at 8 in the morning .. I got a disappointing 2610 AIR which means I was sure of admission for btech but wasn't much hopeful for my dream IIT ( IITB :( ).My next option was IIIT hyd So on that day I was eagerly waiting for AIEEE results .. actually I was waiting for AIEEE results from past one week then . Throughout the day I must have refreshed AIEEE site for 'n' times.... finally gave up in evening and closed comp.At 11 in night one of friend called me and told me that results are out there also it was nt much good .. I was able to get CS/EE in home NIT/southern nit's but nt IIIT so that option was packed.btw before that I have given BITS and was able to get in both campuses but again not to the mark I wanted .. So finally options for me were UDCT ( if you have heard of this institute .. quite famous in Maharashtra),VNIT CS/EE , government college Pune (COEP) etc .. last one because I got good score in our state entrance but didn't cracked it exactly .. so the brainstorming lasted for almost 1 month .. (even when JEE alltment was done .. even after 1 month after results I was still thinking of UDCT then :D )
Even while filling JEE form choosing IITM meta wasn't that straightforward .I have considered right from MSc chem IITB to EP in IITG and upto last minute was hopeful about IITB meta but finally landed in iityam and in the land of idli's and dosa's :) .

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think this was the god's will to place u in the IITM so that u can pain us
Gen kiddin....:)

Unknown said...

main toh tujhse milna nahi chahta tha....lekin fir bhi sari kaynat tumjhe mujhse milane main kyu jut gayi!!!! :o

JUST IMAGEEENNNN....

Unknown said...

hey being here is a blessing in disguise for you. Atleast you can have your dosa anytime you want to.

Unknown said...

good that u landed up here.....at least we have entertainment :P
Nice post

0 said...

Good for you. Make the best out of IIT.